The Akram Jomaa is a faith-based Islamic Centre located in Calgary, Alberta, and we are the largest Islamic Centre in Western Canada. We operate under the Muslim Community Foundation of Calgary charitable organization. Akram Jomaa caters to over 25,000 Muslims in the Calgary Northeast vicinity.
The Facilities Manager will oversee the management and operations of all the physical facilities of the
Akram Jomaa Islamic Centre.
Full Time. Ability to Work on Fridays (high traffic time at the Masjid) Variations to agree, working
hours may be necessary on certain occasions when meetings, building work, functions etc are held at the Akram
Jomaa Islamic Centre. Any variation will be notified in advance by Management
1. Experience in one or more of the technical areas of HVAC, Electrical, Electronics, Plumbing, Locksmith,
Security Controls, Gardening & Landscaping, Construction, or an equivalent combination of experience
sufficient to successfully perform the duties and responsibility
2. Readily available in emergency situations to respond to facility issues during off-hours (e.g. fire alarm,
power outage, security alarm, etc).
3. Skilled at leading up special projects that involved painting, building, or moving.
4. Ability to perform strenuous and continuous physical work, including heavy lifting, complete mobility in
building and grounds activities.
5. Willing and able to implement policies.
6. Ability to meet deadlines, respond to emergencies, and multitask/manage conflicting demands.
7. Ability to work as a team member. An understanding of Islam and knowledge of Muslim communities and
their needs/requirements. Behaving and performing all aspects of the job with proper intentions and good
Objectives and Responsibilities:
1. Provide oversight and responsibility for the buildings, grounds, parking lots, equipment, building systems,
general security, and, ensuring the facility is fully operational, safe, clean and neat, and prepared for
services and Masjid events and activities.
2. Responsible for maintaining masjid resources and systems (AC Control, WiFi, Door Locks, Alarm System,
3. Oversee and perform maintenance/repairs for the building, equipment (HVAC, electrical, plumbing,
mechanical) and property, or act as representative with outside contractors and inspectors coming onto the
property or into the building.
4. Oversee and provide event coordination. Ensure proper scheduling of set up and take down for meetings,
special events, worship, Janaza services, and otherwise as directed.
5. Oversee the securing of the facilities through cameras, locks, alarm systems.
6. Documenting incidents that occur at the mosque.
7. Work with appropriate government agencies to ensure that buildings are safe and meet current code
8. Primary point of contact for all outside vendors who service the property and facility.
9. Implement, monitor, and follow policies and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize
costs, and provide efficient use of labour and materials.
10. Responsible for purchasing and maintaining supplies and equipment on an ongoing basis.
Apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or by filling out the form below.
Akram Jomaa Islamic Centre
2624 39th Ave NE,
Calgary, AB T1Y 5V7
6:00 am – 11:00 pm
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
*We are closed on weekends and statutory holidays