The Akram Jomaa is a faith-based Islamic Centre located in Calgary, Alberta, and we are the largest Islamic Centre in Western Canada. We operate under the Muslim Community Foundation of Calgary charitable organization. Akram Jomaa caters to over 25,000 Muslims in the Calgary Northeast vicinity.
The Facilities Manager will oversee the management and operations of all the physical facilities of the
Akram Jomaa Islamic Centre.
Akram Jomaa Islamic Centre Board of Directors
Permanent Full time position (3 month probation period)
To be negotiated. Variations to agreed working hours may be necessary on certain
occasions when meetings, building work, functions etc are held at the Akram Jomaa Islamic Centre. Any
variation will be notified in advance by Management.
– To clean designated areas of the centre and building to the highest possible standards
– Vacuuming carpeted areas
– Wiping, polishing, dusting of designated areas
– Emptying garbage and cleaning bins
– Cleaning of toilets and toilet areas, and replenishment of paper towels, toilet rolls and other
– Cleaning of internal glass, internal and external door glass and internal side of windows
– Cleaning of external windows at ground level as necessary
– Straightening furniture, books and general tidying up of designated areas
-Full cleaning of the Akram Jomaa Islamic Centre facilities on daily schedule.
– Opening and closing the facilities on rotating schedule using the systems in place.
– On call duties for emergencies and special events.
– Setting facilities and making it ready for events and activities.
– Order and maintain adequate cleaning supplies for the premises and control the inventory and
the use of these supplies.
– Secure all doors and windows whenever the building is vacated and activate security system if
last person to vacate building
– Check for repairs required to infrastructure and report maintenance requirements
– Ensure the premises are esthetically well kept and well organized
– Committed to be available for the whole month of Ramadan.
– Other related duties as assigned.
– Willing to work evenings and weekends
Apply by sending your resume and cover letter to ajicyycmuslimc.ca or by filling out the form below.
Akram Jomaa Islamic Centre
2624 39th Ave NE,
Calgary, AB T1Y 5V7
6:00 am – 11:00 pm
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
*We are closed on weekends and statutory holidays